The Government of Canada Digital Standards provides the high level guidelines for Canadian Digital Government.
“Our goal is to provide public services to Canadians which are simple to use and trustworthy. The Government of Canada’s Digital Standards form the foundation of the government’s shift to becoming more agile, open, and user-focused. They will guide teams in designing digital services in a way that best serves Canadians.”
- Design with users
- Iterate and improve frequently
- Work in the open by default
- Use open standards and solutions
- Address security and privacy risks
- Build in accessibility from the start
- Empower staff to deliver better services
- Be good data stewards
- Design ethical services
- Collaborate widely
Published to a Github repository British Columbia has defined their Principles of Digital Government.
The Digital Principles are meant to guide the work of individual public servants and vendor partners as the Province of British Columbia continues to evolve into a Digital Government.